Wednesday 3 February 2010

Update on android applications

I have now set up a zone around the college using mobeedo, which points you to the website. This seems to work quite well with GPS turned on, but is highly innacurate without. This means that it in reality only works well outside. Unfortunately the mobeedo browser seems a little unstable, some pages I can view through the standard android browser will not work in mobeedo. We really need to create an actual mobile website, although I'm not sure how much use it will get. Overall it seems a very interesting use of technology, but I am unsure how it can be used for any of our specific needs at present.

I have signed up for a layar developer account, which has been activated, but I am yet to successfully create a layar. Again I am unsure what this could be used for within the college, due to our small campus. I am hoping a use will present itself in the future, as augmented reality seems a very clever technology, but there are no problems at present that we could use this for.

No comments:

Post a Comment